Michael (Data Modeler)
Grand Rapids, MI Category: Information Technology Employment Type: any
- 16 years designing data models using multiple data modeling tools specializing in Kimball Star Schemas. Relational and Star Schema Data Modeling. All phases of design including Logical and Physical database design, summary tables and multi-dimensional design.
- Oracle Data Warehouse tuning specialist: Detailed experience tuning data warehouses for maximum performance on Oracle databases including the implementation of star joins, bitmap join indexes and partioning strategies.
- Nine projects over 14 years developing Business Intelligence and DW solutions. From installation and configuration to implementation of the backend to front end design and development. Expert skill set using tools such as OBIEE for six years, Discoverer for four years. Exposure to other tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Business Objects, and Microstrategy.
- Data warehouse and enterprise data architecture planning, define road map / project plan, JAD facilitator for business process and data analysis, tool selections, conceptual, logical and physical data model design through the use of case tools for large databases, task management for system integration among users, programmers, and management, physical database implementations, ETL processing, performance tuning and coding.
- Team leadership and mentoring skills. Responsible on all projects at a minimum for technical leadership of the project. Most projects responsible for development of project plan, project charter and budgetary input. Comfortable in assisting junior members on data warehouse concepts.
- Extensive industry exposure including: Higher education, government, healthcare, publishing, manufacturing, aerospace, manufacturing, retail, insurance, and military.
- Experience with all three major ERP tools including Peoplesoft, Oracle Apps, and SAP. Extremely knowledgeable on where the backend table structures and relationships reside.