Tracy (Engineering / Project Manager)
I offer a very unique skill set, namely, years of actively supporting a wide variety of engineering projects between US and Japanese companies using my language ability.
Here's what I offer:
- 25 years of translation/interpretation (Japanese<>English) and project support experience in the automotive and affiliated industries where I work on product engineering, manufacturing engineering and other technical projects for General Motors, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Ford, Chrysler, Subaru, Denso, Johnson Controls, Visteon, Toda America, Bosch, Hino Motors, TOPY America and many others.
- PMP certification
- Extensive knowledge of Japanese-style manufacturing concepts (jidouka, heijunka, PDCA, kaizen, muda, etc.)
- Strong technical background in many manufacturing processes and technologies (molding, forming, coating, stamping, automated assembly)
- MBA in Global Management
- 3 years software localization project management experience (embedded in-vehicle infotainment systems at tier 1 supplier)
- 6 months project management at a language services company
- 3 years managing a globally distributed localization team -Expert user of CAT tools (Wordfast and MemoQ), TMS (Smartling), and Plunet
- Working knowledge of the software architecture for localization tools
- Working knowledge of linguistic quality control programs
- Certifications in Localization Project Management, Global Digital Marketing and Content Marketing
- Extensive knowledge of world cultures and training for effective communication with Japanese
- Strong background in developing and improving localization processes -Years of experience working with and for Japanese companies
- Achieved PMP certification recently and currently working on Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Led a team of engineers to completely rebuild a successful localization process in an agile development environment.
- Spent the last two decades honing and perfecting languages skills to support successful engineering collaborations.